Wednesday, February 12, 2014

 Yesterday's eye appointment went very well; my eyes have changed only slightly since I was there last ( in 2011, pre-chemo), my eye pressure is nice and low, the cataracts are still somewhere between trace/mild, there are no signs of macular degeneration, etc.  And it turned out that I do have eye care insurance on my Aetna policy after all, so there was a discount on the exam and the new tri-focals I ordered (although they were still quite pricey....guess I just need to print up more money in the basement, right Dad?) 

The only thing the doctor could find was that I have clogged oil glands in my lids which (if not dealt with) could cause dry eye issues down the road and necessitate meds.  So twice a day I need to apply hot-as-possible compresses to my eyes, then massage lids.  Gee, another reason to stretch out and relax.... I can certainly deal with that!  


The appointment sure did kill my afternoon, though.  Although they took me right at 1:30 as scheduled, I didn't walk out of there until 4:00.  And it's a good thing the office isn't far from the house, because even with the 'sunglasses' they provide, it was still difficult to drive home with my eyes still so dilated.
(Lots of sun here in Arizona, and FYI the temps last few days have been almost 80, with higher ones predicted for next few days.)

In a bit I'm off to Foothills as their Fearless Leader, where I will wear my new scissors.  In the afternoon my plan is to try to finish up Alex's snowboarding dop kit so he can take it with him when he heads off to Vegas tomorrow for a long weekend before starting his new job on Tuesday.

Mom has gently <g> reminded me that their winter WILL be ending (eventually) and she still hasn't gotten the giraffe vest I promised to make for her.  But since she's going to live to 99 it looks like next winter may still be soon enough! According to my answers to the 13 questions I'm (only) going to live until 92, which is not nearly enough time to make all the quilts on my 'list'!  Take the test and see what your score turns out to be.  (Note that the score keep changing with each additional answer.)

And in case you need another smile this morning, this short clip had me laughing out loud last night (although Tom said it wasn't that funny.)  You decide!


No comments:

Post a Comment