Monday, February 17, 2014

I had to call several ladies yesterday before I found one at home to help with my (very basic) applique questions - thank you, Sharon! And then I had to call Carolyn with an SOS when my embroidery machine was not cooperating.  But the bottom line is that (despite all my problems!) I made tremendous progress on my Ugly Fabric challenge (finished project due at the March 12 meeting) despite having to redo several things.  (Anyone in the neighboring counties hear that F-bomb of mine go off?)

I won't post a pic of the 'quilt' top until it's done, but here's the 'perfect' UGLY fabric I found on the sale rack (NO surprise to me that it didn't sell well!) at 35th Ave.

The Ugly Fabric game we played at Foothills' December holiday party had roots in Hot Potato.  (Do kids even play that any more?)  Standing in a circle we each tore our yard fabric in half, keeping one piece and passing the other around when the music started.  Once the music stopped we were stuck with that second fabric. Again, we tore that one, kept half and sent the other half around when the music started up again.  We just kept repeating that process.   By the end we had half a yard of our own original fabric, and then diminishing dimensions of 6 additional fabrics.  
(Did you know this is called an Eye of Horus Square?)

We must use a recognizable piece of each of the 7 fabrics, 
but otherwise there really aren't any rules for our creations.

I also ran the dishwasher and got the sheets/towels washed and beds remade at the guest house, although we're not expecting company for another 6 weeks or so (when Terry and Neil will be here.)  All that's really left to do is sweep and give the bathrooms a once-over, which I can do at my convenience this week, not just during low electricity rate times.  But it's always good to be ready 'just in case' surprise visitors pop in.  

I know many folks in Maryland tired of winter and snow who would love to get on a plane and land in warm, sunny Phoenix!  While this next week isn't quite as warm as the past one, I'm guessing the folks back in Maryland would still 'settle' for it!!!

Off to the gym in a few, and then (if Patti is feeling better) off to the movies to see Frozen.  Lisa is also sick.  SO FAR I haven't caught the nasty bug that's making the rounds, although Tom is making noises like he's thinking of coming down with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment