Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Patti and I did not go to the movies yesterday after all; we decided we'd rather spend our time together catching up with each other on this beautiful day.  Phoenix beat the predicted high by 2 degrees, hitting 87 and tying the record for the date.  I really do feel for all those folks dealing with real winter.  But hey, THIS is why we put up with our ridiculous triple-digits in the summer.


After Patti left I ran a few errands, and even mucked out (some of) the garage.  I'm motivated by the fact that the dog days of summer will be here all-too-soon when it will be way too hot to spend any time out there.

I was sorry to see the Olympic Ice Dancing competition end last night - the skaters are such a joy to watch.  Of course I don't always agree with the judges' assessments, but (of course) I'm only judging on the enjoyability factor without having to take into account the level of difficulty (of which, of course, I have no real clue.)  I loved watching the American brother-sister team, and young as they are (she's a college freshman, he's a sophomore) I expect we'll be seeing great things from Maia & Alex Shibutani in the coming years.



No comments:

Post a Comment