Monday, February 24, 2014

My cubic yard of potting soil didn't stretch as far as I thought it would, so not everything on the front porch got repotted this afternoon.  (But those that did sure look happy!)  

My aloes desperately needed to be thinned out.  
Here's how some of them ended up.


  And I even found a small trellis for the two tomato plants 
while scavenging among my 'dead' pots.  

Here's hoping everything is satisfied with the new dirt and just digs right in!

Of course my gardening took longer than I expected (doesn't everything?) 
since I also putzed with the volunteer lantanas 

and wandering Jew that have sprouted just off the front porch.  

This inner pot is tipsy on purpose to accommodate Mr. Turtle.  
I think they make a great team!

Now we'll all just have to wait and see how my green thumb works out.

I rewarded my hard work with a nice tall glass of cold OJ - 
and thus finished up the latest batch of juice.  

Now I'm thinking of working up that last embellishment for the UGLY quilt so I can start quilting it.  Not quite sure I have anything ugly enough <g> for the backing, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment