Saturday, February 22, 2014

Bunko at Edie's was fun last night (even though I didn't win any money there was plenty of chocolate) and Alex joined us afterward for Left-Right-Center. JT ended up the happy winner of the $48 pot.


This morning, after a soak in the hot tub and long phone chats (first with Mom, then with Patti) I got some of the never-ending yardwork done in the backyard (raking, picking up downed citrus, etc.) and also did some work in the front yard involving a pitchfork. 
Once the tree trimmers had cut back that forest out front we discovered a very large hole some animal (coyote?) had made. I used the pitchfork to break up the hardened pile of dirt outside the hole and then raked the dirt in. Surprising how much that ramped up my heartbeat - I did have to stop at one point and lie down on the grass for a bit to rest. 

I was going to use Alex's Lil Red Wagon to collect some of Ben's dirt (still on the trailer in their backyard) to fill in the hole, but the wagon needed to be fixed.  So I 'helped' Tom with that.

After a much-needed shower I spent the afternoon watching Mystic Pizza on TV (hadn't seen it in years) while virtually finishing up the UGLY quilt; I still have one final embellishment (that Jeannie had suggested) and then it'll be ready to quilt.  

Tom agrees that it's very ugly, so maybe I'll win a prize?

I also did laundry at both houses today.

So it was a pretty productive day, with the exception of my trip to the bicycle store.  It's going to cost at least $150 to get my bike back in good running order.  Not sure it's worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment