Tuesday, February 25, 2014


Mine yesterday weren't quite so simple <g> 
so yes, I woke up sore this morning.

No surprise that I'm off to the hot tub to soak
before I head to my tax appointment. 
We all know that 'that time' is fast approaching again!
While no one likes paying taxes, 

I belong to that (ever-shrinking?) group of folks who understands (and is grateful for!) the myriad of things those taxes do for me, so I try not to complain!

My real gripe is this: I don't mind paying MY fair share; it's those wealthy folks who find all sorts of loopholes to avoid paying their fair share that make me crazy!  

In case you missed my rant in earlier years, here it is again: my first year teaching (on a salary of $8,000!) I paid more in taxes than then President Richard Nixon.  (The Washington Post helpfully posted his return.)

And more recently we heard about Mitt's off-shore accounts.  SIGH!
I can feel my blood pressure rising - definitely time to go soak!

No comments:

Post a Comment