Friday, April 30, 2021

I did not want to start my day at 3:45 this 'morning' ~

so I took something 

and then very happily slept in until almost 7:30!


I'm trying hard to limit myself to using just one crutch.  While that does put considerable weight onto my right foot (which of course is the entire point) it does cause my foot to 'talk' to me about the ensuing pain.  Those complaints fall somewhere in the orange range.


Pretty sure I've found my limit to how much I can be up and about before I need to sit back down.  


With heat upon us (only 99 today, though we expect 103 tomorrow) today's first chore was to water the plants on the front porch.  Most were looking okay, though the pothos was more than ready for a drink.


Next I did some much-needed sweeping inside. Brownie is definitely shedding, though thankfully not nearly as badly as this!


Just got another chore taken care of: I finished setting up with a new pool service since we'd been experiencing issues with ours for quite some time.


Now it's time to add rows 7 and 8 (which I sewed together yesterday) to the main section of the quilt, and then work up (the final?) rows 9 and 10.  


And, since I don't have any plans for the weekend - 


might even get around to putting on the borders!  


Yesterday I found some perfect fabric for borders, Dipsy Dots already cut into 2 1/2" strips!  It will coordinate with the black (with white dots) fabric running across the center diagonal of  each block, as well as "match" all the random colors of the scrap strings.  


My goal is to be able to pass along a completed top to Monica 
on May 12, when I expect to see her at Busy Bees.  



Before I can do that I will need to find enough yardage of something for the backing.  Unfortunately most of my fabrics that fall into that category are being 'saved' for a Stack & Whack.

No comments:

Post a Comment