Thursday, April 8, 2021

My foot is looking great.  


While there is still a little swelling and some left-over bruising, those should both fade with time.  However since the pain is virtually gone (just mild achiness and occasional twinges remain) I really wouldn't care if it never looked any better!


Before yesterday's appointment I had checked my calendar for possible conflicts, knowing that we'd be scheduling additional visits for two and four weeks out.  That's when I noticed that four weeks from yesterday (the original expected visit to get the go-ahead to start weight-bearing) will be May 5, which is Mom's birthday. I take that as another great omen - remember the very successful surgery took place on Dad's birthday. 



At the visit we discussed physical therapy, twice weekly for four weeks, which should have me 'up and running' as good as new.  He refers his patients to Foothills PT, which has numerous locations, and
as soon as we got home I checked. It was wonderful to discover that one of their clinics is on 59th Ave. just north of Union Hills - so close it's 'almost' walkable from here!



But with all that good news, there was an e-mail from the our pool people after yesterday's weekly service .  It seems we need some major pump repair.  



The water hasn't been clear for months, and while that hasn't been an issue over the winter naturally we will want to swim over the summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment