Thursday, April 15, 2021

 Yesterday I added a strip to my batting - and as expected that didn't take long.  Then I started quilting the baby quilt, in the ditch around seams and then along the zig zags.  

It's a bit of a hassle having to change threads as I work outward, because the 'invisible' thread I started off with in the ditch actually showed up on the zig zags.  When my "straight" line wasn't very straight I picked it out and then switched to black thread.  But I also decided to switch to a curved stitch along the zig zag, and I'm very happy about how that looks (on the back, where it shows.) 


Tom mowed and weed ate out front yesterday, and in the Back 40 (and now he's just started doing the backyard this morning), and I did a little sweeping on the front porch.  But when I went to water my plants out there afterward I ran into the same issue Mary did with the 'new' hose.  Will deal with that issue once I can walk.


Alex arrived home yesterday after almost three weeks in Florida, and expects to be around for a week before he heads out again.  While he was glad to be finally be back out at work 'in the field', this trip (at various colleges) wasn't a particularly exciting one.   His upcoming one, an EDM music festival in Texas, will be more to his liking!

No comments:

Post a Comment