Saturday, April 24, 2021

Mary had to take 35th Ave. down to Northern (she'd heard I-17 was closed, possibly for weekend roadwork?) but we still arrived at Melodie's shortly before 8:00.   No surprise there were already lots of women there shopping!  


I scored  an abundance of goodies, and since the prices were wonderful I originally thought I'd escape for under $100.  But after making several passes, during which I kept adding to my pile, that didn't happen.  


While mostly I stuck with fabric purchases, I couldn't pass up this adorable 6"x6" tin, soon to be home for for some lumberyard scrap squares.  It was only $2 - and as a bonus was filled with pins.


I also appropriated this jellyroll, my most expensive purchase. 
 "Someday" it should work up into a lovely quilt.




Naturally this collection of penguin scraps HAD to come home with me.


The baggie containing these richly colored fabrics also caught my eye.




Mostly, of course, I gravitated toward brights and kid fabrics,
and here are pix of just some of the miscellaneous goodies:




Can never go wrong with Laurel Burch, so I was happy to snag this 2-yard piece.



This collection of monkey fabrics should make a very happy kid quilt!



But now I just have to figure out where to stash everything....




Once we finished shopping Mary showed me her old house in that neighborhood.  Then heading home she took 43rd Ave. north, which was when we stumbled upon a Briar Patch craft show in the Greenway HS parking lot.  I must have been in the shopping mode today; I bought a new type of leash for Brownie, a fun something I'll save to use as one of Alex's 'little" Chanukah gifts later this year, and this wooden piece to grace our dining table.

Tom doesn't like it.



Heading out early this morning we'd seen that our next-door-neighbors (the ones with whom we share the horse pasture fence) were having a yard sale.  I noticed a knee scooter, and when it was still there when we got home around 10:00 we stopped to see what they were asking for it.  Though I'm almost done with needing Kathi's (basically just using it for my middle-of-the-night runs to the bathroom) my 'philosophy' is that if I have one I won't ever need it, and thus "should" be an easy way to prevent future falls. <g> 

But since the asking price on it was $50 I passed. 

Tom Ford, John & Kyoko's neighbor on the other side, was there helping.  Chatting with him (while Mary navigated the not crutch-friendly yard to check on the scooter price) I learned that John had died of Covid a couple of months ago.  We had no idea!  

So we'll eventually be getting new neighbors since at some point Kyoko plans to put the property up for sale (too much for her to take care of by herself) and move back to Japan.


By the time we'd reached the last aisle of the craft fair this morning 

my foot was kvetching at me.  

Possibly (like her) I overdid it today...

  In any event, not long after I got home I had to give up on the crutch and switch back to the scooter for the rest of the day.  



Thought of Perri when I enjoyed my yummy lunch, Beef with Snow Peas leftover from yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment