Friday, April 2, 2021

Brownie was ecstatic to see Mary arrive yesterday, trying to jump into her arms.

Wouldn't it be nice if people were that thrilled to see us walk in the door?  I rarely go anywhere these days, but at least when I do Brownie is also that excited to see me return.


When we walked into Mary's house Shadow was resting on the dining room chair so he immediately "noticed" the intruder - though as soon as Brownie turned away Shadow promptly disappeared into the back of the house.    


We enjoyed a lovely lunch, and then an afternoon on the shady porch out back. It was a warm day  (learned on the news later that we reached 95) but Brownie still did a fair bit of sunbathing after exploring all the nooks and crannies (and watering profusely.)  I just love Mary's backyard, with all the different (and colorful) flora.


She has started a McKenna Ryan project, which are always spectacular designs.



She admitted to feeling a little guilty over diving in because she thought she 'should' be doing things around the house (FYI already neat as a pin) to get ready for family on Easter Sunday - but at least the sun had cooperated by moving before she had finished tracing the pattern.  

The quilt will be lovely, though (of course...) I put in my two cents worth, opining that the flowers should be nice and bright instead of those muted blues.  I also offered her the 'use' of my sizable stash of florals that would love to be included.  Note that these are only the 'yardage' pieces; there are lots of countless flower fabrics in my various scrap buckets!


My foot is so much more comfortable without the splint, and every day I inch closer to becoming bandage-less.  Thankfully the itching underneath the wrap isn't too bad.  


It's also wonderful that getting dressed and undressed has become much less of a hassle, as Simone Biles demonstrates....

removing pants

This morning I cut my Cat-in-the-Hat leftovers into 2.5" strips and started another quilt.


The center of the quilt will be necessarily limited by those leftovers - 



though there are always sashings and borders to create!

No comments:

Post a Comment