Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Yesterday was another day of reading (though I am about to give up on my latest library book), binging ER (though I'm currently on the last season and soon will need to decide on my next series binge) and paying bills.  

Just when I thought I was getting ahead of the bills <g> the mail brought the latest batch of house/car insurance ones.  Of course I'm glad to have a house and car - especially when so many people have lost theirs this past year.   But on another level, when a hefty stack of pricey bills arrive I do wish I could find that printing press Dad always joked about.


Highlight of yesterday was dinner, when Tom surprised me with his stellar fried chicken (along with potatoes and sauteed green beans) which for obvious health reasons we haven't had in quite a while. 

 


Colleen called yesterday to check on my foot progress and see if I am still using my scooter, which I am.  Of course it's not mine to lend, and will be returned to Kathi when I'm (eventually!) done with it.  It turned out that Colleen was at the doctor with her daughter, who has broken her foot, while they waited to find out whether surgery will be needed.  Lots of news like that going around; another friend recently broke her hip.

Temps here have been in the 90s every day of April, and are expected to get there (though barely) again today. However after that we plunge into the 80s for a few days, when Tom plans to do lots of mowing around the property.  

Yesterday I made three trips out to the back porch to water those plants.  Getting the scooter up/down the one 'step' out the door takes time (and yes, I am being VERY careful!) and I do look forward to the day when I will be able to drag the hose over there again for one-stop watering.


Hope to find some Sew-Jo today.



But as I was just thinking about that Mary texted, offering come over and walk Brownie, and visit.  
So I'd better get him dressed for his 'day on the town' - but just in his harness!



No comments:

Post a Comment