Sunday, April 11, 2021

Yesterday morning I got a (VERY) little bit of sewing done.  The rest of the day was basically unproductive - unless you count a 90-minute nap in the late afternoon.  

Not sure why I've been so tired lately.  But since I did get a good night's sleep last night I'm really hoping that today will turn out to be more 'enthusiastic'!  



I did venture out for a soak in the hot tub this afternoon (only my second one since December!)  Slow going on scooter across the grass, and a production getting in/out - but the water felt lovely.  Had planned to listen to more of my audio book but couldn't get it to work, so instead I turned on the radio that I keep out there, set to NPR.  Murphy's Law struck again, because it was it was their one hour of the week I don't really enjoy... a cooking show.


I watched a good movie today - Talk to Me - which is the story of Washington DC radio personality Petey Greene.  It had an excellent cast: Don Cheadle, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Taraji P. Henson, Martin Sheen

Outspoken ex-convict Ralph "Petey" Greene (Don Cheadle) talks his way onto the air at a white-owned radio station in 1960s Washington, D.C. Fueled by the new music and social upheaval of the times, he courts controversy while becoming the voice of the black movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment