Friday, April 9, 2021

Putting a bunch of library books on hold yesterday for Tom I discovered one had come in for me.  Thursday is one of the few days that there are afternoon hours, 3:30-5:30, so we picked up my book* before heading to dinner. Now that we are more than a month past our second vaccine it felt reasonably safe to go out to eat.  


*There was a flyer tucked into the book saying they will be opening up the library later this month for limited in-person visits.


I've been craving a steak so we headed to Texas Roadhouse.  

There was a sizeable crowd waiting outside, but when I checked in at the (outside) desk the young woman (after hearing we were 'just two') said it would be "any minute".  I naively worried I'd be called for a table before Tom got back from finding a parking spot... but guess what?  

Yep, we were still waiting out front more than 30 minutes later.  It's always been my belief that waiting wouldn't be so bad if we had a realistic idea of the time.  

At least both of us found our dinners delicious, and we left there stuffed. 

 

And no, I haven't weighed myself this morning.




Yesterday this funny popped up on my FB feed.  



I passed it along to Lily (who I know enjoys many game nights with friends) with the reminder that I will be cremated.  Her (very!) valid response cracked me up:

Considering how you insist on being early to everything, I wouldn't trust any game that had "you" in the hourglass. Maybe the other team could use it, though. I need my full 60 seconds for all my Taboo clues!



My aloe plants on the front porch are quite prolific, 
and this morning I've started putting some of it to good use.



No real 'plans' for today... 
though there is plenty of stuff I should get busy doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment