Friday, April 23, 2021

 I was happy to see Perri arrive around noon - and not just because she brought a yummy lunch, courtesy of George and Son Asian Cuisine.  


It was her first time experiencing their delicious food, though our family has been a loyal customer for many years.  


I did receive this somewhat peculiar 'fortune' in my cookie:


Perri has been experiencing leg pain, and when I learned she didn't have a chiropractor I recommended mine.  It was surprising that she was actually able to schedule an appointment with him just two weeks out since the initial new patient evaluation takes an hour.

Friends I've sent to him usually discovered that finding a lengthy enough time slot to accommodate that often took a while.


While we were sitting around after lunch gabbing Perri noticed that my crutches were not evenly aligned, which probably hasn't helped my back these past couple of days.  I did fix that right away, once I tracked down a hammer.


Mary had wondered why Melodie was selling her sewing machines (among other things), and I learned from Perri (who also plans to hit the sale tomorrow, though like us she doesn't 'need' anything) that the items for sale actually belong to a Night Owl who passed away.



Proceeds go to help with expenses for Mary Carole Allen's husband's care.
Mary Carole was an avid quilter and left behind many goodies!

When Perri left I called the chiropractor to see about scheduling an appt for me now that I know when PT will be.  As luck would have it they'd had a cancellation for today, and if I left right away (which I did) I could just make that time slot.  As always the adjustment really helped!


On drive home I caught the end of an All Things Considered segment on NPR, about "an unusual long-term experiment that started in 1879 on the campus of what is now Michigan State University. A botanist named William Beal wondered how long seeds could remain viable underground. So he designed an audacious study to find out, knowing full well that the answer might not come in his lifetime."  

You can listen to the entire segment here: seed experiment


When I got home I experimented using just one crutch -  and it worked!  While there's more pressure on my foot (and is more 'uncomfortable' on my weakened ankle) it's definitely 'handy' <g> to have the use of a hand again!




Ryan called today to check up on me and see how I'd survived yesterday's PT.  Turns out he never got the e-mail I sent him, with my foot x-rays and a progress report. 

My foot is not complaining at all after yesterday’s starting workout, so we should be able to hit things harder starting on Monday.  I would really love to make great strides (pun intended!) asap!

Resending it didn't work, which was especially strange since neither one bounced back to me as undeliverable.  But hey, it's a computer, so I don't even ask questions....


At least it did go through to the main PT address he gave me.


Watching the local news I learned that Arizona's I-17 has been ranked as the "4th deadliest highway in the nation, according to data collected from 2016-2019."  Would rather be much farther down on that list!

No comments:

Post a Comment