Saturday, April 17, 2021

 The yartzheit candle that I lit for Dad (at dinnertime Thursday) was STILL burning when I woke this morning - more than 36 hours later!  They are "supposed" to last 24 hours, and in previous years that has been the case.


At my request, yesterday Alex hung some of the remaining green garden mesh cloth outside the west-side bathroom windows in an attempt to keep that room cooler this summer.  I had suggested using a staple gun to attach it to "something" above the window, but when it turned out that there isn't anything like that up there he tried tape.  Unfortunately that didn't hold long at all and his 'fix' turned out to be VERY temporary.  


Now I'm thinking about what I can hang on the inside
 to block those two skinny spots.



Sadly none my small quilts will work.


I do have another idea, though Alex didn't seem to embrace it.



While out in 'the jungle' he did notice more harbingers of spring.  Our orchid tree is starting to bloom, and we have sizeable baby peaches.  They usually ripen around the first of June, and I'm hoping for a repeat of last year when we had our best crop ever.



At least I got to admire both of those trees since Alex posted pix on Instagram, and once I am finally mobile again I'll be able to check them out myself and enjoy them 'up close and personal'.  Currently that section of the yard is around the corner and out of my field of view.

At least as of late yesterday afternoon Pokey's crate (very aromatic these days since it's difficult for me to do my usual daily clean out) is finally off the porch.  


So it should be a better day to read outside while the weather is so lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment