Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Going for a fasting blood draw this morning.  Since the lab doesn't open until 7:30 (and I woke at 5:00)  I have some time to kill before then.




Maybe I'll do some sewing on the string quilt while I wait. 
Last night I dreamed that I took the Cat in the Hat quilts to Show & Tell.



Expect to have to wait, with all the other people fasting, once I get to the lab - unlike the 'perfect' time I've found mid-afternoon for my non-fasting draws.  



Nothing else on today's agenda, though 'coffee' would have been nice.



In addition to a recent flood of news about various friends falling and sustaining injuries, there's also been a rash of sad pet news. Our furry friends are a huge part of our lives and family, and it's heart-breaking to lose them.



Melodie said goodbye to her dog Max yesterday.

Today we had to say goodbye to our sweet Max, after 12 years.



And Tracy had to say goodbye to her cat Mercy.

After a week of almost daily trips to the vet, our little Mercy could not make her way back to health. We had to let her go. She was just the sweetest, tiniest, little baby. She was loved and we are heartbroken, naturally. Our awesome vet went above and beyond to save her short, precious life. Tears were shared. For such a tiny, little thing she has already left a huge void in our family’s lives.


I'm giving Brownie extra love today!

No comments:

Post a Comment