Tuesday, April 20, 2021

And here I've been worried that I haven't been moving around enough since my foot's been down...

Photographer Jess Isden saw this spider web in the horns of gemsbok at the Central Kalahari Game Reserve, Botswana. He writes "At first I thought the gemsbok must have walked through the web, but on closer inspection, it was clear that it was much more intricate than that, and there were living spiders in the webs too." He noticed the webs on several animals lasting several days, saying "they could have easily wiped the webs off their face and horns, yet seem to tolerate it."



I don't have a FitBit to measure my steps...
though maybe these days just need a SitBit?



When I reminded Tom that irrigation is at noon today (and he needs to set the gates out back before then) he griped that it seems like we're getting water every week - which of course we're not.



It probably just seems that way since he has to take care of everything. While I still take care of keeping enough of money in that account, I can no longer set the gates, or take care of the actual irrigation (both of which I used to do much of the time, except when it ran after my bedtime...)



Just another instance of how maybe now he'll have some appreciation of all that I used to do before my foot incapacitated me?



Main thing on my agenda today is binding the baby quilt,
the happy final step in any quilting project.



Tomorrow could be even more exciting
IF I find out when I get to take my FIRST steps!



The incision sure is looking good!


Still I am a bit surprised that some bruising still remains by my heel.


However as previously mentioned I don't really care what my foot looks like,
I'm just thrilled beyond measure that the surgery dealt with the pain issue.



My only concern is a hard bump on the side of my foot.



I'm wondering if it will remain 'forever'. Again no biggie unless it rubs against a shoe
(once I start wearing one again...)



Speaking of how feet look, these sandals recently showed up on my FB feed.



WHO comes up with these silly ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment