Sunday, April 25, 2021

 My foot didn't seem to be any happier today, so I gave up on trying to use the crutches and stuck with the scooter.  


I also bumped that foot against the kitchen cabinet early this morning (close quarters in there) which really hurt my toes - and they are still unhappy.  Sure hope things improve by tomorrow, when I have PT at 9:00.


Did accomplish more mucking of my sewing area, which is when I found another half dozen binding clips (on a wall-hanging I obviously need to finish binding.)  That was a help since today I worked on binding the Cat in the Hat, making it more than halfway around.  



I do enjoy the final step of hand-stitching, though not during the summer months when it's preferable <g> to avoid having a quilt on my lap.  


With temps predicted to only reach the low 70s (!) on Monday and Tuesday it's great incentive to finish up in a timely fashion!



Having lost countless needles when they've slipped off the thread, I've worked at being more diligent about poking the needle into the fabric when I need to pause and move the clips.  


But this evening the weirdest thing happened. As I was repositioning the clips, a needle appeared in my lap.  Assuming it had fallen off I went to rethread it - but the needle I'd been using was still attached to the thread, and safely stuck through the fabric.  So instead of disappearing into thin air, as is usually the case, the needle appeared out of thin air.

I really don't make these things up! 


I enjoyed watching The Oscars, even though I'd only seen two of the nominated films, My Octopus Teacher and News of the World.  In her acceptance speech one of the winners quoted a sort of mantra her father had said to her when she was growing up, "People at birth are entirely good".  That's the way I view it, and thinks it's a much better philosophy than the church's doctrine of Original Sin!

No comments:

Post a Comment