Saturday, April 3, 2021

Not much to write about these days. 


I did make a little progress, in dribs and drabs, on my Cat-in-the-Hat baby quilt yesterday - at least until I ran into a bit of a snag.  


Notice the issue?


The remaining focus fabric, being directional, ended up about an inch or so short of what I needed to finish the outer edges of the middle row.  

Today I plan to fix that by adding some borders to those two pieces 

and then I can continue moving forward.


I also have some paperwork I've put off ~

but otherwise the whole day stretches out ahead of me. 


Rachelle called yesterday to catch up on my foot progress.  As always I enjoyed our usual lengthy conversation (which, as usual, was mostly about the political situation) at least until we were saying our goodbyes.  

That's when I stumbled across some bad news regarding her step-son Jonathon (in his mid-20s) which she thought she'd already passed along to me.  (I'm guessing that maybe she hadn't wanted to pile on anything else while I was dealing with my unhappy foot?)   

Sadly he has cancer and currently is dealing with intense chemo.  I had thoroughly enjoyed Jonathan's company at Rachelle & Bob's wedding in 2016, when I was seated next to him.  He was still in his teens but was a delightful dinner companion.  Afterward I learned that she and Bob were dealing with the usual parent/teen issues, which reminded me of Alex during his teen years; while Tom and I were pulling out our hair over his behavior, ALL his friends' parents found him delightful and polite.  


It is reassuring that teens DO know how to behave, 
even if the parents rarely have the opportunity to witness it!


  While Jonathan's current situation is obviously quite unpleasant, I am vastly relieved that at least the long-term prognosis is very promising.  


Here's a 2016 pic of the happy bride and groom at Mom's apartment the week after the wedding, along with her father (my Uncle Allen who turned a spry 99 last week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment