Friday, November 27, 2020

Zooming yesterday with (almost) everyone was wonderful - 

though we did miss Marilyn.  


They've been raising chickens for a while, and apparently one of their roosters "volunteered" to be their Thanksgiving dinner.



I'm impressed, never having cooked meat that came in its "original" package instead of from a package found at the grocery store.




There were about a dozen Zoom screens yesterday for my viewing enjoyment (once Alex finished rolling his eyes and 'fixed' my view, though it turns out Gloria had been in the same boat!) representing family from all around the country: Maryland, Virginia, Florida, Texas, California, and of course here in Arizona. 


 
Babies Greta and Madison were especially intrigued with each other, and also dogs Brownie, Pippa, and Lenny when they made their cameo appearances.  


Alex's plans for the day had changed, so he was here with us after all - and was especially entertaining during Zoom when he did things on his laptop to change the appearance of himself and Tom, and their background.  

He later decided to try do it on my laptop, but maybe it didn't work because I don't have the necessary  apps?



 When hunger pangs got the best of the guys they headed into the kitchen and did the last minute cooking while I stayed and continued visiting with everyone until dinner was served. 


Despite my oven snafu (naturally that story elicited laughs when I shared it during Zoom) dinner still turned out to be delicious, and thus I was somewhat disappointed that I was too full to go back for seconds.  Of course even though we sent Alex home with a packed doggie bag, we'll 'probably' <G> get to enjoy all the goodies at dinner again tonight!


Last evening I managed to stay awake long enough to enjoy an hour-long documentary on Bubbles (who knew?!) though I did fade early.  

The Science of Bubbles

Can I blame my drowsiness on the triptophan in the turkey?  

(Science says no.)


Haven't stepped on the scale post-feast, though except for the mashers/gravy most of what I'd piled on my plate wasn't overly "bad".  And of course one pig-out day on Thanksgiving is allowed, right?  


Still, a long walk with Brownie today will feel good.



Alex had insisted that "since it's Thanksgiving" Brownie (who doesn't get people food) should have a turkey treat, so he plopped some morsels into Brownie's dish.  There were certainly NO complaints from Brownie about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment