Saturday, November 7, 2020

Again, glad I didn't wait up last night for the expected arrival "any time now" of new counted ballot numbers, though Katie Hobbs (Arizona's Secretary of State) announced last evening that it's possible we could have our final count today.


I did listen to Joe speak last night.  While he couldn't actually claim victory yet (smarter than the other guy...) he did note that the trend certainly makes it look probable.  So with the assumption that when the counting is finally complete and he's President-elect, he talked about what's ahead.  He's already started preparing, by meeting with doctors and scientists to make a fact-based plan to get covid under control (what a concept, right?) and also talked about working together to make things better for all Americans instead of fanning the flames of violence between "them" and "us".


Now that I've gone as far as I can with Melodie's quilt (until I can borrow, or buy, a small hoop) yesterday I went back to working on my penguin placemats.  The two placemats just just need binding, though the hot pad (larger than usual, but not quite large enough to be a placemat) still needs to be quilted.  Those three pieces have been sitting on my table in that state since the beginning of the pandemic, when I lost my "sewjo" mojo.


Irrigation appears to have seeped in well, so my first order of business today is to start doing some weeding out front of that last remaining patch.  I'll need to dress a little more warmly that usual today; temps aren't going to be nearly as toasty as they have been.  

When I get tired of removing weeds I will reward myself with a soak.  Then I will decide if I "want' to pull more, or would rather go sit at the sewing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment