Wednesday, November 25, 2020

 Yesterday Alex and I took the pooches on a long walk along the wash.  Instead of the usual route we headed east, so I got to go through the 'sketchy' tunnel; once on the other side I experienced a part of the wash I'd never seen before.  Going past one backyard a German shepherd was trying to bounce over the tall wall (as if he had access to a trampoline!) to come play with Brownie and Vera.  


Later the pooches  actually did get to greet & sniff 

a cute dog out on his walk.   


We continued past the area where workers are clearing out virtually everything except for a few trees, though not sure why; it's not like they can build down in there.  We might have gone further, but Vera's breathing got bad (and she was also looking for shade every chance she got) so we turned around.  I had brought along Brownie's water bottle, which was greatly appreciated by Vera - though Brownie barely deigned to take a sip during water stops.



Vera spent the evening when Alex went somewhere, but I was a bit surprised to find her still here this morning.  Both dogs have had their breakfast, and after that started in with some morning play.  It's still pretty early so I've had to do a bit of shh-ing.  


Alex is not likely to collect Vera before Mary and I take a walk around 9, so I'll need to grab Brownie's old leash out of the car before then.


I did a little Thanksgiving prep yesterday (boiled a dozen eggs, and made up the faro) so that today I can devil the eggs and slice & dice the assorted veggies to go into the faro... MY kind of cooking!  


Since I took the turkey out of the shop freezer almost a week ago it should be totally thawed by tomorrow, except it seems that frig is set to such a low temp that each year that's iffy.  At least this year Tom was able to find a smaller turkey, only 12 pounds.  Even though it will just be the two of us, I still want the usual variety of dishes on the table.  Of course it's 'likely' that we'll be able to pass some of the leftovers to Alex and Gabby, who will be at her mom's in Tucson for the day.

Anyone else thinking about trying this on Friday?

No comments:

Post a Comment