Tuesday, November 17, 2020

During my soak I gave Ann a call to see how she is doing.  

Turns out that I was on her list of calls to make today.


I was surprised to hear that she's not going to be seeing Hank & Eleanor for Thanksgiving.  (Though come to find out that she hasn't been seeing them at all during the pandemic.)  Instead Ann and her aide Fatou will be having a meal delivered.  



Mom is luckier. Even though there won't be the usual wonderful large gathering at Andy & Sandy's this year, they will be bringing Thanksgiving to her at Riderwood, and then zoom with everyone else. 




After my soak I decided to drag the piles of branches out for bulk trash.  It took a little longer than I expected, but at least it's done.  Yesterday, sitting out under the grapefruit tree with Susan I got tired of looking at the piles.  



Then I took Brownie for a long walk along a new route, which is always exciting for him.  We walked all the way to the wash, and along the way checked out the fancy new houses going up in that neighborhood.




Next on my agenda is to go collect some new dirt to amp-up the low side of the tree trough before irrigation.  First, though, I'm going to see what I can do about protecting the inside of my nice clean car.  



And while every couple of weeks I have mentioned needing dirt to Alex... 



In fact for that same reason I dug out the palm sprouts myself yesterday, and (most of) the last lantana intruder in the front yard.  I'm deep into the "if I truly want it done, do it myself" mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment