Monday, November 23, 2020

It's been a medical morning.



In true "Monday Morning" fashion 

I had some difficulty locating Dr. Bhalla's office. 

I was looking for Building I in the large Medical complex at Thunderbird & 91st Ave, where I've been countless times over the years (breast surgeon, oncologist, sleep apnea, etc.)   


The buildings are not especially well-marked to begin with, and when I couldn't find locate Building I (which should have been next after Building H, right?) I called the number I was given so I could ask for a specific 'landmark' - but it didn't work!  

For my next option I stopped in at another building for helping finding Bldg I, and according to their directory it turned out to be off by itself - except that turned out to be a physical therapy office.  Come to find out the complex I needed was on the other side of 91st Ave.  

When I checked in I asked about the phone number  (which I had written down correctly) and the receptionist said they don't turn it on until 9:00 - but I needed to be there by 8:30 to fill out paperwork.  It was a little frustrating since I do not like to be late.


Dr. Bhalla needs to get my actual osteoporosis results from the DEXA scan, but thinks prolia (a shot every six months) could be a good fit.  Before deciding, though, he also needs bloodwork to measure my calcium and vitamin D levels, which they were able to do in the lab right there.  At this point I'm just waiting on the office to call to schedule my next appointment.  

I also will carefully read the brochure he sent home with me, and will have to weigh the pros and cons of taking it.  While I have never had a broken bone before, I have also never been this old before. <g>

  


Next medical stop was just a mile or so up T-bird, where I collected the paperwork to fill out and bring to next month's new patient visit with the PCP, and then near home I dropped off a Rx.  Medical morning complete!


Before coming home I did pop across the street to fill up the gas tank (which I haven't had to do in quite a while) but wasn't home very long before the pharmacy texted that my Rx is already filled.  Once Brownie returns from Alex's I'll take him for a ride to pick it up - but he still doesn't get to drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment