Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Mary and I enjoyed another leisurely walk along the wash with the dogs, but Vera almost didn't get to go.  When I was collecting leashes, water bottles, and poop bags to have ready when Mary arrived, I realized that Vera wasn't wearing her collar (as is most often the case.)  

Since a quick peek showed neither vehicle at the back house, I knew I could go in to look for it since there would be no chance of waking up Alex or Gabby.  My assumption was that it would be right inside the door under the TV in the living room, where her leash hangs out.

I poked around and looked in every single room - twice! - but never found it.  And according to this, it really IS lost!


Back at the house I made things work after I dug out a braided belt of mine. Mary even commented on what a pretty collar Vera was wearing.  I was just relieved that my engineering stayed together the entire time and didn't come undone at some point!



Vera seemed to enjoy her walk (and most of the water in the bottle) and since Mary and I plan to walk more often you can be sure that when I see Alex I'll find out where Vera's real collar is hidden!



Now I need to make a quick run to WalMart for a few of the faro salad ingredients 
before I get to work on tomorrow's goodies.


No comments:

Post a Comment