Tuesday, November 24, 2020

 On the way to the hot tub this morning Brownie surprised (and of course chased) a bunny, who luckily escaped through the irrigation pipe into the Back 40.  That means I have a pretty good idea where Brownie is going to sit for much of today.  

He does seem to be getting braver with regard to sticking his head (and shoulders) into the pipe, so I'll just keep hoping he doesn't get REALLY brave one of these days!


Maybe I'll be able to distract him with the small ball I found in the car.  He and Vera did have fun chasing it, and each other, yesterday afternoon.  (Just don't tell him that his Chanukah gifts is a brand-new supply of those balls.)



My no-sugar diet has continued to go well, and (as I'd heard) the less I eat the less I crave it.  While I actually seem to be getting back to my 'original' weight, more important than watching the numbers drop is that I have seen that bad belly fat noticeably disappearing!

Why is belly fat more dangerous?

Excess fat around the tummy is subcutaneous fat – which you can pinch – as well as visceral fat, which is in and around the organs in the abdominal cavity and only visible using medical scans. Researchers have found excess visceral fat storage is a significant risk factor for metabolic health complications of obesity such as type 2 diabetes, fatty liver and heart disease.

 

Of course with the holidays looming I may creep back up a pound or two. 
But no worries...



For the past week I've taken a hiatus from TV news, FB, etc. - though it's been difficult to avoid glimpsing the WP headline when I open it to access my daily crossword puzzle fix.  Today's was actually some good news - finally!  

Trump relents on transition as Republicans join mounting calls for him to acknowledge Biden’s win

President Trump effectively surrendered his three-week protest of the election results Monday by submitting to the government's official transition to the incoming Biden administration, bowing to a growing wave of public pressure yet still stopping short of conceding to President-elect Joe Biden.

Trump authorized the federal government to initiate the Biden transition late Monday, setting in motion a peaceful transfer of power by paving the way for the president-elect and his administration-in-waiting to tap public funds, receive security briefings and gain access to federal agencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment