Friday, November 20, 2020

Irrigation actually arrived a little early last evening, the gates didn't require too much unclogging, and the property got a very full watering.  


Worrywart that I am, however, a few nights ago I had a nightmare about irrigation; that's when I smashed a gaping hole in a cement pipe to reveal bags and bags of trash clogging the line.


Once today truly began I got to work attacking the remaining patch of weeds out front.  Though I started with those, I got side-tracked my other small patches in previously weeded areas My goal (as always!) is to actually finish up out front, but there's always more to be removed than it seems at first glance. 



Speaking of flowers, this was included in a recent batch of smiles Mark sent:



I weeded until almost 11:00, and while my jeans and sweatshirt took the brunt of the mud splatter a shower did feel wonderful.   



While washing my feet I discovered this large circular bruise on the inside of my left ankle, with what looks like a bug bite or puncture in the center. 


 It's not at all bothersome - 
though I will keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't worsen.



Getting ready to eat some lunch, and then I'll take Brownie for a walk.  That should cheer him up since I had not brought him out front with me to 'help' with the weeding.



Not sure if I'll do more weeding today or just wait until tomorrow.  It's not like they're going anywhere...



And neither am I.  I just learned that VOS is going to hold the annual quilt retreat this winter, though it's not sure if they'll be able to accommodate the usual number of attendees, 32, what with social distancing mandates.  With many of the women flying in from other states there could be an increased likelihood of the virus tagging along, and since I am having difficulty forcing myself to sew, and not feeling particularly social or cheerful these days, I'm not even going to throw my name into the hat for a possible spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment