Thursday, November 12, 2020

 Awake at 4...   


Brownie has been on the job this morning, keeping me company in his usual place in his bed under my quilting table.  Though I've turned on the heat, it's coldest on the floor level so he was cozily tucked under a cover.



I knew the tree trimmers would be here at first light, and sure enough they arrived a little before 7:00.  They have started out front (so maybe Tom can sleep in a little more?) but once they move to the back  Brownie will enjoy supervising the crew.  


 Brownie is very good about staying in the yard even if the gates are open, but I did make it a point to dress him in his harness this morning "just in case" he wanders off. 


After I showed Paul all the things we need done he was sure they wouldn't run out of things.  I'm sure also!  Of course there's also a lot of other stuff I'd like to have done, so depending on how much of the needed work is leftover I may <sigh> need to schedule a second day.  


Pokey is still in her crate, but once she wakes and lumbers out into the yard she'll need to be "directed" into the garage where she can't be smashed by falling limbs - or trip up one of the guys.  



Once Alex wakes up he'll have to move the boat so the crew can do the trees along the center ditch.  I'm also hoping he'll be available at 9:55 <g> "just in case" I experience difficulty logging into Zoom for my quilt program which starts at 10.  (I expect it will be a lot more fun than a work meeting!)



When I showed up for my 1:45 doc appointment yesterday the doctor was already gone for the day.  (She's leaving the practice, and Friday will be her last day.)  Apparently the office had tried calling me the day before, and that morning, to let me know.  

It turned out that they were calling the home phone - and the answering machine (which Tom had turned off during the summer because of all the annoying election messages) was still off - though I've now 'fixed' that.  


I had not been happy with that medical office for some time, and this was just another prime example of a snafu.  Though I was required to update my info yearly, "for some reason" my cell phone had never made made it into the chart.


The good news is that I didn't really need to see her, just get my lab results, and I was able to take care of that with her PA.  While my glucose score wasn't as low as when I had a draw in September for the oncologist, it was significantly lower than the scary number back in April.  And my thyroid (which the eye doctor had recommended I get checked) was firmly in the middle of the normal range.


I do see the oncologist again next week, but will only need to get some of the tests she ordered run this afternoon; I shouldn't need to duplicate the basic tests that I had run for the PCP last week (and for which Medicare might balk at paying again so soon.)  

Of course I will need to start looking for a new doctor.  I have not been happy with that office for a while but had not gotten around to switching. 


Before I left I asked the PA if she was staying, she said she hadn't quite decided - but from the way she phrased it I inferred that she is also fed up with the way things have been run there.

No comments:

Post a Comment