Thursday, November 19, 2020

 After reaching the end of the (latest) 45-day "wait period" I called Social Security.  It wasn't the most satisfying call because not only is the refund STILL pending, but (is anyone surprised?) there won't be any interest or penalty added the amount they've withheld from us this entire year.  It was also frustrating that Jennifer could not tell me what the check amount will be, or when I can expect it. I have been trying to get this dealt with since January, so it's somewhat understandable that I'm losing patience, though I did apologize to her for being cranky.


I also talked to Deb this morning, and despite their newest recording (this one says they are not going to schedule any more tree trimming until they are caught up) the good news is that we qualify as an on-going work order and now are penciled in for Monday, December 28.  


But since we have NO way of knowing what next month's irrigation schedule will be we may need to switch dates with another client once we find out. 



After a walk with Brownie I headed out front to shape some of the bushes outside the bedroom windows.  Since our bougainvillea is trying to bloom (though not the like ones in full sun that I see on our walks) I didn't want to cut off any of that pretty color, the result being that bush is still quite uneven at this point. 




Had to chuckle at this text from Terry today:

So warm here the critters are looking for shade. (60 degrees at the moment.)


It's all relative, right? <g>


No comments:

Post a Comment