Saturday, November 2, 2019

When I was copying the IRS pages yesterday to mail to Matt our printer ran out of ink, but at least it waited until the only pages left were the ones for remittance.  After the gym I stopped at the post office to mail them since the envelope was thick and I worried that two stamps wouldn't be enough postage.  Not too long ago a bulky envelope was returned to me for insufficient postage, but as it turned out (after a 20-minute wait in line) it would have been. Still - 

 

Tom picked up the replacement pool filter yesterday morning (to the tune of $800) and installed it himself because all the pool places were charging around $400 for that service.  He did need me to help disassemble part of the old one in case he should need to cannibalize some of the pricier parts he's replaced in recent years.



Got "diapers" for Brownie.  Both of Tami's yorkies are female, so should he decide to mark 'his' territory I'm hoping they protect her furniture and walls.  Choosing a size was bit of an issue.  Brownie weighs 15 pounds, and Small is for dogs up to 15 pounds while Medium is for dogs starting at 15 pounds.  Naturally I didn't have his waist measurement, also listed on the packages, which no doubt would have helped with my decision, but in the end I opted for the smaller size.



It was an uneventful drive to Havasu, though it took considerably longer than expected because shortly after passing through Parker we (along with a long line of traffic) got stuck behind 'twin' trucks hauling heavy machinery, and for much of the way were crawling at 20mph.


Brownie and ‘the girls’ got along famously from the start, with a lots of tail wagging.  Lucy and Piper showed him around the backyard while Tami and I sat out there enjoying the rest of the beautiful afternoon while getting a start on catching up.  


It was still dark out this morning when I went out back with Brownie, and as I was admiring the sky I got to see a shooting star (marked in red below), seemingly ejected from Orion’s belt.



Tami took this pic of Brownie to send to Allie and Leah:




We took the pooches for a walk this morning (lots of sniffing) and then hung out in the backyard while Tami watered her plants.






Getting all three dogs to pose <g> for a picture wasn't easy.



It was still chilly out, so Piper did a little sunbathing.



I'm going to look for one of these slipper succulents when I get home -


so named due to the slipper-like blooms.


These planters are made out of recycled tires, and were originally black.  But after the summer sun heated them up and killed the plants Tami painted them white, which seemed to help greatly.



Brownie had fun further exploring the yard, 
and here is checking out the "upstairs" portion.




Soon off to the quilt show. Pictures "likely" <G> later.

No comments:

Post a Comment