Thursday, November 28, 2019

I really enjoyed the opening act of the parade, which brought back wonderful memories of the Motown music from my high school days in the 60s.  


Ain't Too Proud: The Life and Times of The Temptations is a 2018 jukebox musical with music and lyrics by The Temptations and a book by Dominique Morisseau. Based on the story of The Temptations, the musical had a series of regional productions and opened at Broadway's Imperial Theatre in March 2019.


The balloons are flying today (though lower than usual) 
no doubt a great relief to a great many people.  


The Ronald McDonald float sustained a tear in the wind and had to be bumped.




During a break in the parade Brownie walked with me to deliver the bag of potato peelings to the pigs/goats/chickens, and he kept flopping down like in the "old days".  


Took me a bit to figure out his halter was (beyond) wonky.  Turns out it was so tight that I needed help from Sarah to get it fixed. (Unclipping all the pieces could not solve the problem, so I had started carrying him home to deal with it.)  Can NOT figure out how he managed this latest twist!



All of my prep work is done; Tom gets to do the last minute cooking, like the gravy and mashers.  During my next parade break I'll grab a shower, then dress in loose comfy pants "just in case" <g> I overeat a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment