Monday, November 18, 2019

Now that my library branch (on Pinnacle Peak) is open on Sundays I thought I'd swing by yesterday and pick up the new Margaret Atwood book that had come in for me. 

 

Unfortunately I was there a couple of hours too early; 
the library doesn't open until 1:00 on Sundays. 



 Driving up there I did get to see all the detoured semis turning off Pinnacle Peak onto 35th.  I'd heard on the radio Saturday that I-17 was going to be closed Sunday between Pinnacle Peak and Deer Valley, and had let Rachelle and Bob know for their drive over yesterday afternoon - though the concierge at The Boulders had insisted "they would never close I-17".



 Instead, I headed over to Winco to pick up a couple of items. and then did some sewing before Rachelle and Bob arrived mid-afternoon.  We had a wonderful visit (of course!) though somehow I forgot to snap any pix!  Dinner also went well, and Alex even popped in for a quick bite with us when he got home from playing with friends out in the desert.


I'm making slow but steady progress on Set D blocks, which will look like this (though hopefully not as wonky as this one appears in the lower right corner....


Here are more blocks that I've been working on this morning.  The outside 5-piece strips are done, and the 3-piece center strips will be sewn next.  Notice that Brownie is supervising, but apparently would like to take a ball break.



Not sure how much additional progress I'll make today since I'm "taking a break" to head off for a doctor's appointment, and then when I get home Cheryl and I have a date.  (That had to be postponed a second time due to car trouble, but the third time's the charm, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment