Saturday, November 9, 2019

Finally took a soak this morning (been waiting a long time to do that!) 
before heading to Wickenburg.  


I got there just as they were getting ready to start the music; perfect timing!  Arriving that early I also snagged a parking place close to the entrance and so I didn't have to walk as far as usual.



Donna found me in my "new" spot.  (After all the years of looking somewhat into the sun I wised up and moved to the other side of the arena.)  We enjoyed our day together, and I got to catch up on what her girls are up to these days.  Of course I remember them as they were 45 years ago, when I took care of them when they were 2,3 and 5.



As always the music was outstanding, so I was relieved that my back cooperated and allowed me to attend this year's festival.  Hadn't realized this year marked the 40th (!) one.  (Over the years I only missed 2 of them, both times because I was in Maryland.)



I also enjoyed the food (I opted for a delicious gyro for lunch, and mango/raspberry sorbet for dessert) though it was somewhat disappointing that the kettle corn people were not there this year.



Back home tired, so not likely to do any sewing this evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment