Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Errands yesterday (before the rain started) included a stop at the pharmacy to pick up meds. During Monday's appointment I let her know that I had run out of refills, and she was supposed to fax in a new scrip.   But 24 hours later the pharmacy had not yet received the order. Once home I tried calling the doc office (twice) but each time got a very peculiar recording.



Another stop was at the library, where I picked up The Testaments - and also scored a free Culture Pass to the Desert Botanical Garden.  Haven't been in years, and was partly motivated by Rachelle & Bob's glowing report of their visit, a highlight of their recent trip.  If the weather cooperates that's on my agenda for Sunday.



Yesterday the rain and wind lasted off and on - mostly on - all day (knocked over the plant on Alex's front porch), with another spate right on its heels last night.  Probably rained all night, and is expected to rain all day, with additional precipitation in tomorrow's forecast.  We do need the rain (although we did just have irrigation here), and of course in a few days we know we'll be back to sunshine and blue skies.  The big question is how long Brownie can go without venturing out to take care of business....


I spent yesterday all bundled up, and with the low temps it was a good day to start blind-stitching the binding 'trapped' under Marcie’s heavy quilt.  


While I made good progress before my back instructed me to quit, it is going to 'take a while' <g> to finish the hundreds of inches.  



On the local evening news they aired a backyard shot from one of their viewers of the rain coming down poolside, with a Pokey-sized sulcata on the deck.  At first glance it truly looked like our yard! 



Watching TV in the evening I snuggled under my "new" Disappearing 4-Patch quilt, 
which it did a fine job of keeping me warm.  



In the late afternoon/early evening there was a police car flashing across street at Joy & Dick’s for a long time (well over an hour, probably closer to two).  Naturally we were concerned (she's 90, he's a couple of years older) though when no ambulance or fire engine showed up it became less worrisome.  Later in the evening I gave her a call to make sure everything was fine - and it turned out they'd been out bowling and had no idea the police had been there, or what the issue was. 


Joy was glad I'd let her know - and subsequently checked around their doors and windows for signs of a break-in.  (She didn't find one.)  After checking with the police she called me back; apparently there had been a fender bender on 37th (which we couldn't see from our vantage point.)  Guess the police had just been hanging out in their driveway under the carport to escape the rain.



Off to Busy Bees in a bit, where I plan to work on Melody's quilt during the meeting.  There is more quilting left to do than I'd realized, thought I expect to make substantial headway this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment