Friday, November 29, 2019

I got to watch some of the dog show yesterday before the TV was 'highjacked' for the football game. While the Aussie was pretty, it only took 4th place in the crowded Herding Group. 



Daniel the Golden Retriever obviously delighted viewers, 
and won the Sporting Group handily.  


He is a stunning dog, and though I was rooting for him to take home Best in Show it didn't happen; that honor went to Thor, a Bulldog.


The Azawakh, from Africa, is a new breed entry this year in the Hound Group.  It looks painfully thin, as if it has been starved, with bony haunches and ribs that I could count.


https://www.nbcsports.com/video/azawakh-2019-national-dog-show-hound-group 


Dinner yesterday turned out scrumptious.  I'd gotten all of my stuff done ahead of time, but Tom and Alex were on duty for the last-minute prep.  While they were hard at it I snapped a couple of great pix of them, but my laptop is still not 'recognizing' the memory card.


I was going to blame it on the card - but since that's working fine in the camera maybe it's the slot in my laptop that's at fault?



Our feast included turkey and gravy, stuffing, mashers and sweet potatoes, green beans, Asian salad, cranberry smash, deviled eggs, and rolls.  Linda was the only one who 'behaved' herself; the rest of us went back for seconds!

That's when Linda "insisted" I try some of the sweet potatoes, so I did put one small bite on my plate.  It did not go well.... <g>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNQUZCz_j7E


A couple of hours later I "forced" myself <G> to chow down
on some of the chocolate lava cake she'd made.



After we ate (and while the guys continued watching football) Linda and I talked quilting.  That's when she gave me a wonderful idea for how to use the 24x24 pillow form I'd scored at a recent yard sale for (another) comfy resting spot for Brownie.  She and I had fun pawing through my stack of dog fabrics to choose just the right ones.




The weather held off yesterday and we didn't get any rain until after dark.  
In fact it was actually sunny much of the day, with blue skies. 




Though I have been sleeping better lately (at least until the past several days) this morning I woke around 3:00, and despite my best efforts (and some meds...) I just could not fall back to sleep.  I was still resting in bed 'trying' when the downpour hit around 4:00, accompanied by loud thunder and bright flashes of lightning.  That was incentive to remain snuggled under the covers until around 5:00, when I finally gave up the idea of sleep.



Between the weather and my early start to the day 
there could be a nap in my future...



In the meantime, I plan to do some sewing.  
Did actually get a couple more set D blocks done yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment