Saturday, November 23, 2019

Yesterday I worked on the massive binding project, 
and was just inches from corner #2 (!) when I was called to dinner.
  


After we ate it just necessitated a short "burst" to round that corner.  Of course <g> I was so excited I just had to text Marcie to announce my progress.  



Shortly thereafter I put it aside for the rest of the day - not like Mike Mulligan and Mary Anne!



Yesterday Estera came over with some Romanian stuffed cabbages rolls.  Since they contained pork Tom got to eat them all himself  <g> and reported that they were 'very good'.  



Estera is looking quite pregnant already, though the twins (one boy, one girl) are not due until March 2.  For those who don't know, that happens to be Dr. Seuss's birthday (and also Don's, my BIL.)


However Estera predicts a February birth.



It was glorious to see the sun yesterday, and the lakes around our property are working hard at drying up.  Since all the dirt Alex delivered recently got a solid soaking after the three days of heavy precipitation I expect to see substantial botanical growth (no doubt mostly weeds?) soon, when the berms will lose that raw look.  



Due to all the mud along the perimeter of the yard Brownie's dog door remains closed off, which will be somewhat of an issue today since I'll be gone to the VOS Sew Day.  Of course I'll only be a couple of blocks away, and if I don't get parked in (depends on how many of the ladies carpool) I could always pop home a couple of times to let him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment