Sunday, November 24, 2019

Yesterday when getting up to grab some dessert (the cheesecake was worth it!) I caught my foot on the cord to my machine's foot pedal. That caused me to go lunging (rather noisily) toward the corner of the measuring/cutting table.  Luckily Marcie was there to intercept me so I narrowly avoided 'impaling' myself.  



However I was not quite so lucky to avoid "injury" later, when I dropped Marcie at her house and helped carry in a little of her stuff.  While holding her plastic project tub in front of me I misjudged how much "wider" than usual I was when I went through a doorway.  That's when the far corner of the tub caught the doorframe, thus ramming the box into my ribs. They were quite tender last night but (happily!) are considerably better today.



Mark & Karen host an annual Thanksgiving dinner for residents in their NYC apartment building. I got a chuckle out of this year's invitation.  


I asked how many people they usually feed.  (I'm in the "the more the merrier" camp, and really miss the large family/friends gathering each year back in Maryland.)


Most was 36 sit-down plus ten deliveries; least was five (a year we actually called it off because I was sick, but people came anyway).  This year, we're expecting 13, so far.
That large number is all-the-more-amazing since I'd heard that their kitchen is 'quite small'. Mark sent a pic today, with the caption "This is where the magic happens."  

But for some unknown reason (other than that it's a computer?) my laptop would not allow me, despite numerous attempts, to save/use his photo even though it was in the usually useable JPG format.

Mark resent the photo resized smaller (even though I didn't think that was the problem) but obviously I was wrong (again!) because then it came through just fine.


I commented, 
"Looks like it would be somewhat difficult to squeeze in helpers!!!"

His reply? 
"Indeed! One person - unless you're married!"



Now I hope to get in some sewing this morning.  After yesterday's marathon I have stacks of pieced columns ready to create more of the required 49 blocks of Set D.



Later I hope to cruise down to the Botanical Gardens and use the Culture Pass I nabbed at the library early last week.  Since they are only valid for a week I'm running out of time to use it.

  

After all our recent rain the plants should be well rinsed from our ubiquitous desert dust, and look bright and shiny and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment