Sunday, November 10, 2019

Slept in this morning - 
at least for me <g> it would be considered sleeping in!



I enjoyed a nice soak in the hot tub (SO pleased to be able to have that on my morning agendas again) while I chatted with Mom.  It was weird, though, that toward the end of our call (when I had not moved the phone away from my mouth, or changed position in the hot tub) she could no longer hear me so we had to end our conversation (though at that point we had basically covered everything of importance.)



I made room reservations for the VOS quilting retreat in February - which took a LOT longer than it should have, mostly because AJ couldn't find our group room rate in the system so I was put on hold numerous times while he tried to track it down (unsuccessfully, I might add.)  


He also spoke so quickly (despite repeated requests from me to slow down so I could understand him) that I needed at lot of things repeated. 


Every year it's the same thing, and check-in takes a long time because the lower rate isn't part of my reservation.  It would be such a lovely (and welcome) surprise if things turn out differently this year...



We are looking forward to a(nother) lovely week weather-wise, sunny with temps in the 80s, though naturally have been hearing tales of woe from family and friends elsewhere about their frigid temps. I do NOT miss winter (paid my dues during my first 25 years) and also figure we get "ours" struggling through 6 months of summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment