Friday, November 22, 2019

It's not raining this morning (for a most welcome change!) but of course it's going to take considerable time for the yard to dry out.  That's not likely to happen by the middle of next week, when another big storm front will be coming through, with days of rain predicted to begin on Wednesday.  Obviously we will not be dining al fresco on the patio this Thanksgiving!



I have been 'taking advantage' of our inclement weather to work on the binding on Marcie's heavy quilt, which could weigh as much as ten pounds (!) and has helped to keep me warm and snuggly. 



Tom did turn finally on the heater yesterday.



Last night I made encouraging progress on the binding, 
rounding the first corner. 



I expect to work on it more today when I get back from the gym, and it will be exciting if I make it to the second corner today. However all this damp, chilly weather is not being kind to my back, which is still kvetching more than two weeks after the dirt-shoveling episode - and means I can only sit for so long. 



After today I'll have to put that project aside for several days because of other things on my agenda, but would love to finish it up "sooner rather than later" so I can return it to the safety of its own house.  



It's worrisome to be responsible for such a work of art!  



The amount of embroidery thread alone ran into hundreds of dollars, and of course that doesn't count the cost of the fabrics.  But mostly it's the zillions of hours of painstaking work that went into it.  It will be interesting to see what the appraisal on it turns out to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment