Monday, November 25, 2019

Never did make it to the Botanical Gardens yesterday - but did get in a lot of sewing.  I finished piecing a whole bunch more columns and then put together another dozen D blocks.  While I still have numerous columns left and ready to go, I can't put together any more complete blocks until I create more columns with different fabrics; I want six different H fabrics in each of those blocks - and my current sections use the 'wrong' ones.


That's not likely to happen today, because in a bit I'm off to The Pig 
for my first "Anything by Hand" day.  


I'm going to work on hand quilting, hopefully finishing a UFO of mine (I'm SO close!) that's been 'forgotten' for way too long. That would bring this year's total of completed UFOs to four (though of course there are plenty more lingering in the pile) thus making me eligible for the drawing at the Busy Bee party next month.  Once I finish mine I will return to working on Melody's quilt.



And this afternoon I really need to start getting organized for Thursday.  Of course it definitely helps that Linda is bringing a number of goodies with her.  



I sure hope that whatever Zahn has doesn't zap her (or Rick) and necessitate their cancellation.  Bobbie was in the hospital (again) so they've had Zahn even more than usual.



There is also a "fair amount" of cleaning <g> 
that I really need to also accomplish before Thursday.  


Which reminds me.  When Marcie came by yesterday I learned that when I "tripped" on my pedal cord Saturday that started to pull my machine off the table.  That's when Donna grabbed it and saved it, because otherwise it would have gone crashing to the ground!



For dinner last night Tom and I enjoyed some of the New Mexico Beef Green Chili that Marcie brought over for us in the afternoon.  As she'd noted, it did have 'a wee bit of a kick' (which did make my nose run) but nevertheless was quite tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment