Thursday, October 31, 2019

I was on my way to the chiropractor when Alex called, wondering where I was.  He wanted to let me know that Brownie was playing with Vera, a friend's French bulldog, and they were having ball racing around.  


Alex took some video (which turned out great) of the pooches were zooming around nonstop and obviously having a blast - but unfortunately there's some difficulty sending them to me.



The tendon in my leg is still really pissed off, though my toe is stronger (I did my homework each day) and the rest of my body wasn't as out of whack as it has been.  After he worked on my leg (boy that burned!) I got a laser treatment.  I had to wear special green glasses for the duration, and I can report that it's not easy to play solitaire on my iPad when there's virtually no color.



And speaking of glasses, mine were MIA yesterday.  I looked in all the usual places (3 times! But since I was pretty sure I'd taken them off to work on the computer in my recliner I got down on the floor and looked under the chair and table.  I eventually found the glasses hiding under my laptop, and definitely very tweaked. So on the way home from the chiropractor I stopped in at the eyeglass place to have them adjusted.



Alex and I cleaned the hot tub when I got home, and started refilling it.  Brownie and I went to the gas station where I filled up in preparation for tomorrow's drive to Havasu, and then to the pharmacy to pick up my new sleep med.  Got some excellent information from the pharmacist, but I'm not going to start on them until after I return from my trip.



The hot tub filled a lot faster than I expected, and when that was done I went to pick up my ring at the jeweler's.  Sure looks nice and sparkly all cleaned up.  



Decided to grab lunch at the yummy panini place in that strip mall, where the woman taking my order admired my Supremes shirt.  Turns out she'd done home health care for Sandra Day O'Connor.



While waiting for my wrap I filled my cup at the drink station, and when I turned around there was Alex!  Grayson had needed to go to the bank next door, and when Alex saw my car he figured out where I must be.



Marcie came by today to "check up" on my quilt progress 
and gave me a good grade on the  precision of my blocks.



The hot tub is heating up nicely.  The guys are going hiking tomorrow and looking forward to a soak when they return.  Since I can't get in for a while I've set it to Alex's requested temp of 99 - and it's already up to 95.  (Of course I'll ramp it up when I'm allowed to start soaking again!)



We didn't get any trick-or-treaters tonight, but I did get a Halloween scare.  


Today's mail included a letter from the IRS; they are not happy with our 2017 return and think we owe a HUGE amount of money.  Of course I called our tax guy right away, and hopefully he will be able to straighten it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment