Sunday, October 27, 2019

Yesterday morning, while walking Brownie, I stopped in at a yard sale.  There I bumped into Benny, and we chatted about Estera's surprise pregnancy.  From day one (when they moved in across the street she was pregnant with her first) they'd always planned on "just" four children.  But this time it's twins - so soon they will have six.



I bought a large pillow form (24x24) from Jackie (for one of those "someday" projects?) and we got to chatting about quilting.  She used to live in Delores, CO, and we both bemoaned the closing of the wonderful quilt shop there.  One of these days Jackie would like to swing by to admire my quilts. 



Once it was late enough I called my computer fix-it guy about the unhappy battery in my Lenovo laptop.  Don found the battery my model required, which (at less than $50) wasn't as pricey as I feared.  I was all set to order one... until he went  one step farther, and discovered that installing it would basically require the motherboard of the computer to be disassembled - and that he isn't willing to do.  (I looked on line, and the tutorial for changing the battery did show the guts of the computer.) 



Taking it "somewhere" to have that done is another option, except that the labor charges would likely run to a couple of hundred dollars, so it could make more sense to buy a new one.   Looks like I'll
remain tethered for the foreseeable future.


When the battery in Tom's laptop went out, he was told that keeping it plugged in most of the time makes the battery unhappy and he should remove the battery if that's the case.  So once he got a new battery that's what he's done.   Of course in my case even if I'd known that I couldn't have done it, but when I get a new laptop down the road I will be sure to get one with a removable battery!




Marcie and Latina walked over in the afternoon, and naturally Brownie was especially excited to see them after so long.  Since the park is still wet and muddy we had to remain inside yesterday, but soon we'll be able to enjoy it.   



Marcie brought over some habeneros for Alex (Marlie had sent them from her garden) and also a baggie of garlic bulbs for us.  She'd needed 7 cloves for something she was making, and had sent Mike out to get some.  He, not knowing the difference between cloves and bulbs <g> had come back with a mega bag of garlic bulbs.  That, of course, reminded me of this routine of comedienne Jeannie Robertson, which was my introduction to her.  Still funny no matter how many times I view it!



I did work on the wedding quilt after they left, and got another family of H blocks completed.  Today my goal is get (at least) another stack done.




When I took Brownie out back this morning he raced off (after a bird?) into the mud, which shouldn't have been a problem since the dog door is more-or-less blocked off.  Because it is hard to get off if I push it all the way down (the seller had mentioned that when I bought it) I left it up some, and up until this morning that had been enough to keep Brownie was using that pathway.


Mopping the kitchen floor was already on today's agenda, but in keeping with Murphy's Law, he headed straight for the carpet in the family room.  


I grabbed him and headed back out, where he got a footbath in the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment