Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Yesterday was my last visit to gym for a while - yay!  In theory I can always use the equipment at Andy & Sandy's house, but "for some reason" LOL I never do.



Cheryl arrived in time for lunch, and we had a lovely day together.  I caught up on some of the Colorado news (Michael is still not making much progress on Hilda's addition) and then treated her to a showing of some of my quilts.  It's always nice to get hear positive feedback.  



Worried that the salmon I planned for dinner wasn't cooking fast enough (needed to finish eating before sundown, the start of Yom Kippur) I turned up the grill - and when I went to collect it I'd really charred it.  It was definitely less-than-perfect, and usually my grilled salmon turns out great.



Alex arrived in the early evening, and says he'll be home for a week.  Though what he actually means is he'll be off work for a week; on Thursday he's flying to Colorado for a quickie trip with some friends because they've scored tickets for a concert at Red Rocks, and then he'll no sooner get back when he and some (same? different?) friends are heading to Rocky Point for a few days.


We're reasonably sure that it won't be a problem to get both the aquarium and the stand into Cheryl's van on Sunday, when she heads back to Colorado; she'll need the bed to sleep on until then.  So Tina's turtles should soon have roomier accommodations.  I twisted Cheryl's arm to stay the night, so we enjoyed more time together this morning.  Now she's off to the MIM (after having heard of its wonders from a number of people, not just us) before her rendezvous with friends at Shangri-La, just north of here, where she'll spend the next few days.



The lotion I had procrastinated about ordering arrived yesterday, which means I will have it for my trip as hoped.  Still have to actually pack, and am really going to try to pare down what I bring.  



With the dog door closed off since yesterday morning I'm having to walk Brownie throughout the day.  He hasn't taken care of 'serious' business since some time before his free access to the yard was closed off - not even at bedtime last night - so I assumed that would be at the top of his list when we went out first thing this morning.  It wasn't.  I've taken him out a couple of times since, and he still doesn't seem inclined to take care of business.


No comments:

Post a Comment