Friday, October 25, 2019

Irrigation arrived right on time this morning, always a plus.  But I should have shut off the eastern-most gate (in the tree well) when I was checking the water status 30 minutes into the cycle instead of 60 minutes to avoid the leakage into John's horse pasture - or else I still had the gate open too full.  It's been somewhat difficult getting that one set correctly, but I'm trying!  When I texted John to let him know (and to apologize) he replied it was no problem. 


Between bouts of checking on the water out back I was sweeping the front porch and driveway.  I easily filled up more than half the big can despite the fact that I wasn't getting too wild and crazy - because a LOT more leaves will continue to come down in the next several weeks.



Zanjero Terry, on his morning bike ride, stopped to chat for a bit.  Shortly thereafter I met "new" neighbor Pam, who was walking her new rescue chihuahua Frankie.  Margaret came along on horseback, when I wish I'd had my camera so I could have snapped a pic of curious Frankie meeting the horse.  



Brownie, usually outside 'helping' me with yardwork, was inside because I didn't want him getting his paws wet. (I did remember to block off his dog door this morning.)  Tom wondered why I didn't let Brownie out, but I wasn't sure how he'd behave around male Frankie, who apparently had been a frightened mess when they found him abandoned.  Brownie, of course, had a major sniffithon when I came back in, though he didn't seem particularly upset that I'd 'cheated' on him with Frankie.



Of course I was in my PJs; I hadn't been expecting "visitors".

No comments:

Post a Comment