Thursday, October 24, 2019

Despite all the recent traveling, and sitting in chairs that don't recline, my back has actually behaved quite well.  It's my toe/foot issue that's causing most of the alignment problems that my chiropractor keeps adjusting.  But today he may have finally figured out the problem, which is that my big toe has become very weak and does not support my foot when walking, thus causing the ligament (or tendon?) in my leg to become extremely unhappy.  He's suggested possible ways to fix it, which we both hope will work.  I've got another appointment in a week, and in the meantime I'll work on my "homework": toe stretching and leg massage.


He also has a good podiatrist he can recommend.



At the hot tub store I got clear information on the GFI and drain plug - along with a hose trick to drain the tub even more easily.  We shall see!



After that I continued on to JoAnn's to pick up some blades for my rotary cutter.  By then it was almost 12:30 and I was hungry.  There was an In-n-Out Burger on the corner, so I stopped in for a cheeseburger.  Despite the crowd (it was quite a happenin' place!) luckily I didn't have to wait too long.



The latest coupon booklet from JoAnn's had been in my stack of mail, but because the blades were on sale (which I only discovered when I was checking out) I couldn't use my 40% off coupon.  Did gift one of my coupons, for 20% off the total purchase, to the woman in line behind me with a stack of fabric in her cart - and no coupon.  She was thrilled! 



Once home I picked up Brownie, who was excited to go for another ride today. I made a quick stop at the jewelry store to have the prongs on my diamond ring checked.  Usually I do that in September so I'm a little late this year.  Most years the ring passes inspection, but it's a good thing I'd stopped in; one prong had broken off and the others are considerably worn down, so all 6 will be getting attention.



Then on to the car wash, where Brownie seemed okay - at least until the flappy-things were attacking the side window.  That's when he scooted into the back. Still he did better than Alex on his first trip through a car wash.



Trying to figure out how to use the voice commands for the TV, Tom pushed a lot of buttons to access the various menus before he discovered the button on the center remote sporting a little blue microphone. <g> 


After he found Thursday Night Football and set it to record (so he can zoom through the commercials) he noticed a banner with weather and traffic info on the left side of the screen .  We both tried to figure out how to remove that, and he finally called COX.  Although he prefaced his conversation with "this is probably a dumb question", he really felt foolish when it turned out that it was just on that particular channel (I'd been watching the local news.)



Got all my recent trip photos sent out to all the family this afternoon, 
and responses have been favorable.


No comments:

Post a Comment