Thursday, October 31, 2019


When I watched my shows that recorded while I was in Maryland there were already commercials playing Christmas music - in mid-October!  While I'm not a big fan of Christmas (not really surprising) I do understand that the holiday is a biggie for most people. Unfortunately it seems like I get assaulted by the music, ads, etc. earlier and earlier each year. 


It was still dark (for several more hours) after I woke up yesterday, so couldn't see the Rockstar RV parked out front until it became light.  Learned later that Alex and the guys had rolled in around the time I was waking up, at  4:00 am.  Late for them, early for me.  



I'd arrived at the doctor's office about ten minutes early for my10:00 appt. yesterday - only to be told I wasn't on the schedule!  The woman at the front desk asked when I'd made that appt, and I told her September.  Long story short: a few weeks ago they switched from one computer system to another, and when she looked in the old one there I was.  



She offered me a Thursday appt (conflicted with the chiropractor) and then one on Friday (I'm heading out of town) at which point she then headed into the back.  Upon her return she said that "if I could wait an hour" they'd squeeze me in.  Sigh....  So I did.  Not the end of the world (which I told her when she apologized) but still frustrating.  Which made it all the more surprising that my BP was the lowest it's been for a while, 90/64 once I eventually got in.



At least now I have a referral to a sleep place (just waiting for them to check insurance and then call me to arrange an appt.) and a Rx for a new sleep med (which I should be able to pick up today.)



Alex popped over for quick HI, and helped me lug Pokey's crate to back porch.



In the mid-afternoon I went to get my stitches out.  
Of course by that time she was running late.  


She did apologize for the delay - 
and I told her I understood sometimes patients take longer than expected.


Now the countdown begins until I can get into the hot tub.  



Alex helped me start draining the tub late yesterday afternoon.  (Never could get the hose free from the bib, so we couldn't try Shawn "easy" method.) Today I should be able to clean and refill it so it'll be all ready for my soak in a week or two.



The heat lamp in Pokey's crate had worked when I set it up, but when I went to turn it back on in the late afternoon it was dead <sigh> so Brownie and I made a run to PetSmart for a replacement bulb.  


Unfortunately by the time we got back Pokey had checked to porch already and then "disappeared", so she was stuck out in the cold last night. Yesterday's high was 69°, and today was predicted to be the “coldest Halloween morning in Phoenix in 44 years."



I finished another H stack yesterday evening, and even started the next one.  So now I'm over the hump (on this step of the quilt at least) with 6 sets done and 5 left to go!




Cindy posted this yesterday:

Fresh off the frame this bright and happy Kaffe Fassett quilt pieced by 4 ladies that call themselves the Stitchin' Bitches. They pooled their collaborative talents, fabric and time to come up with this gorgeous quilt that is to be donated to 'Quilt for a Cause'. Quilted in hot Pink over 80/20 batting. Its a Beauty! 2 of the Bitches are pictured with the quilt, Marcie Hammond and Wanda Seale. Great job ladies!


No comments:

Post a Comment