Wednesday, October 23, 2019


Packing was piece of cake yesterday morning since there were no decisions to make, just pile everything in the suitcase.


It was a very relaxed morning visiting with Andy and Sandy.  A text arrived during breakfast that the flight would be leaving 30 minutes later than scheduled - though in actuality it ended up being more than an hour delayed.



Sandy took some pix of me with Pippa on the back deck, with their woods as a background.   There is not as much color as usual for this time of year, though some of the sugar maples we’ve seen are a brilliant vivid red. 



My front patch of gray hair really stood out in these photos!



Then I took photos of Andy and Sandy and Pippa.



After all that hard work of posing for pix Pippa asked for a belly rub.



Andy left around 11:15, and I was not far behind.  Happily there were no traffic issues on the drive to airport despite the rain, but after Monday's drive it seemed prudent to pass the extra time at BWI instead of at Mink Hollow... proving once again that I am my father's daughter.



Unfortunately there was no access to the lost and found at the car rental place, just a phone number on the locked door.  Since no one had ever answered last spring (despite me trying numerous times) I  didn’t even bother jotting it down.  I did check at the car rental desk for them to “call someone” to unlock the door for me, but apparently that isn’t an option.  To say that the woman was sympathetic (or even remotely interested) would be a major understatement.  It was definitely a long shot that my sweater would be there, but there should be some access, right?



There was no line at curbside check-in, and incredibly NO line at security (literally!) so I breezed through.  Did get patted down somewhat aggressively; apparently some of the decorations on my shirt showed up as something suspicious on the scan.  




Still had 2 hours before take off so I sat down in one of the restaurants and enjoyed a Caesar salad, saving the lunch I packed for later once I boarded.  Enjoyed people watching, and would have loved to have gotten a pic of the bald guy with a wonderful beard - dyed a bright green.  He looked like a happy guy!



Snagged my usual seat (I had the exact same boarding number as on the way out, A 56.) Before take-off the pilot announced that there would be turbulence for the first half hour, but I’m thrilled to report that despite flying through clouds mere seconds after heaving ourselves into the air he was decidedly wrong. It was an uneventful flight, always a good thing!  



When we were waiting to deplane, technology guru that I am <LOL> I helped a man turn on the flip phone that his wife had sent it with him. 


My luggage appeared on the carousel just as I arrived there, and Tom was waiting at the cell lot; he'd shopped at Bookman's before heading to the airport so he had plenty to read while he waited.  I was home by 6:00 - though of course my body grumbled that it felt like 9:00 and thus was almost bedtime. 


Brownie was beyond thrilled to greet me upon my arrival at the house.  
He must have thought I'd abandoned him forever.


Our new garage door looks lovely, and with the new mechanism there's an overhead light that turns on (what a concept!) so I didn't have to stumble in the dark going in.  I did actually unpack last night so my suitcase is empty... though in the interest of full disclosure some clothes are piled on a chair, and some other miscellaneous things on the desk. 



Then I opted for an evening soak - but 98 just wasn't warm enough so I didn't stay in long.  Since I set the water temp at 101 it should be much better tonight!  



I stayed awake until 9:00 (of course my body complained that it was mid-night) so I woke up a little before 3.  That seemed early enough to take something, but still I never did go back to sleep and got out of bed a little after 4.  


Today I have a doctor appt around noon, but otherwise relaxing in on my agenda - though I am looking forward to getting back to work on the wedding quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment