Thursday, October 24, 2019

Once it got light out I set the irrigation gates out back.  Brownie, of course, came along to help.  Then I fetched the saw and set to work trimming the many large lantana (and extremely tall grass) that had grown up around the new oleander Alex had planted for me last year.  Now, in theory anyway, that area is mowable, which should help the oleander catch up to its "siblings" along the hedge.



Next Brownie and I took a ride in the car (such excitement!) to the gas station.  While I still had enough gas for the round trip to the chiropractor, I certainly wouldn't want to run out of gas if there's some problem on the highway.  While my tank was filling I decided to work on the bird poop that had collected on the driver's door/window when I had to park in the driveway under the trees earlier in the month.  


Steve (who was filling up on the other side of the island but debated whether to "butt in") told me about acid in the water that aids in cleaning bugs baked onto the windshield.  For just that reason, it's not good for the car's finish - which he only learned about that when he had to get his car repainted.  I was definitely appreciative of the information, and of course thanked him for deciding to "butt in"!



On the way home I swung by 39th Ave. north of Yorkshire, and had no trouble locating the dirt pile Alex had used.  The woman whose dirt it is had been more than glad to have him cart off some when he inquired, but there's plenty left.  I just don't really have a good way to get it from there to here to fill in the holes around the irrigation box.



And speaking of Alex, he did not drain/refill the hot tub 
for me while I was gone. 



So after my chiro appointment I will again stop in at the place where I bought the hot tub (it's near there) and get a tutorial on where exactly some of various things mentioned in the instruction booklet  are actually located.

No comments:

Post a Comment