Friday, October 18, 2019

Yesterday my laptop wouldn't charge (and yes, I did check all the cord connections - several times!) but then last evening it changed its mind.  I'm all packed and ready to head out for the weekend, and am bringing it with me.  But should the cord decides to act squirrelly again I will have to post from my iPad... without any pix to "help" my posts.  We shall see!


I've packed what warm clothes I brought, but still hope Sandy misheard/misread a forecast for a low of 27 degrees!  I sure didn't see anything like that when I just checked, "just" lows in the 40s.


"Highs" are only going to make it into the low 50s, so from my point of view <g> we will be experiencing WINTER!  And it doesn't make things any better that more rain is likely on Sunday.  I 'may' (LOL) pass on taking Pippa for walks...



At least this morning we finally figured out how to lower the footrest in the back for Mom and me today.  With the van conversion for the ramp the floor is considerably lower than in the standard van, and our feet don't reach the floor.  Naturally that makes for an uncomfortable ride; dangling feet are very hard on the back. I managed okay when we met Marilyn for dinner last weekend, but this will be at least a 3-hour drive, though with the construction at the bridge likely to last quite a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment